Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wax on, wax off

Sorry for the absence. I've had a mad case of writer's block ever since Aaron begged me not to blog about my first-ever bikini wax experience, which was pretty much the comedic highlight of my week. I understand, since the parental units read this and all (hi, mom!) but it made me think about the things in life worth writing about.

Rather, it made me realize that sometimes your week's list of accomplishments is so insane sounding that's it's hard to pick just one thing. The end result is that you never write about anything, yet any one would have made a great story. For instance, this week I...

... played croquet
... got in a fight with a meter maid
... saw my waistline again (yay yoga!)
... sang karaoke
... witnessed Paco Collars' biggest bank balance ever
... got drunk with people that make dog mannequins
... rode in a limo
... found our new dog, then got rejected
... sold my car
... got a bikini wax.

Any one of those events is story-worthy, but only one makes for a good picture:

the not-so-remedial team.

4 comments:

Home2K9 Pack Leader said...

OMG, Ana you're hilarious. I SO HOPE you go ahead and write about ALL OF THE ABOVE as it would be fantastic to hear about every one of those stories. For now though, a picture really is worth a thousand words... ;o)

Anonymous said...

Can we hear more about "found our new dog, then got rejected"?

Unknown said...

i find it hard to believe that the wax doesn't make for a good picture ;P

Unknown said...

Anon, it was actually less rejection and more just told we need to wait a bit... which feels like rejection when you're being an eager beaver, that's all (oops, accidentally referenced the beaver again).

I don't want to jinx anything right now, in case it doesn't work out, but we've got our sights set and our hearts are ready...