Friday, July 17, 2009

Freud would be stoked

The other night I had this dream. In it, I was with a bunch of friends and we came upon this large, stone arch. Everyone was getting amped about climbing it, including me. Everyone was taking turns scaling to the top and down the other side. When it came my turn I started out with so much enthusiasm, my friends were cheering me on. I made it most of the way but, but just a hair's breath from the top I turned chicken. My sense of vertigo kicked in hard, and I clung to the arch for dear life.

Someone was behind me, "Go on, I've got you, I won't let you fall," they said, and I could see their hands right there.

I looked ahead, the crest was just a few feet away, but my body was absolutely frozen. I could not move.

"I can't, I can't, I can't do it. Just let me down."

I woke up and was amazed at the textbook components of my dream. To me the whole dream was just so obvious... was I afraid of success?

It was 5 am, but between the dream and a small creative idea kicking around in the back of my head, I had to get up. I checked the business e-mail and saw an e-mail from our Japanese buyer. It was on order. A wholesale order for the new line we designed for them. It was the biggest wholesale order we've ever gotten... by a lot.

Guess I better not be *that* afraid of success.

1 comment:

Home2K9 Pack Leader said...

Congratulations! "THROW THAT LEG UP OVER THE LAST CREST..." YOU CAN DO IT! :o)