Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Face of Death(ly ill)

the face of death(ly ill)



It finally happened. I got sick. I know it's payback. As all of my friends fell around me I couldn't help but think, "That's because they're weak," or, "Sucker, I never get sick." But karma tallied up all those negative thoughts and threw them back at me with a vengeance.

Yesterday was the worst, but I had to go to work in order to meet a few deadlines. Even with the heater 6" from me I was shivering and my head was so cloudy I kept hitting my hand with the mallet. At one point I had to lay down and take a nap. Somehow I made it home (four layers of clothing deep and the heater full blast), where I promptly crashed on the couch, where I've been ever since.

Fortunately I'm doing much better today. I think I broke my fever last night as I woke up from a tormented sleep all sweaty and gross, and Aaron's been taking good care of me. I'm working from home today which is good since there are a ton of computer projects I need to get done. I've been so focused on constructing product lately that I've been letting little things like, oh, updating the website go unchecked. But today I am forced to tackle these things.

Behold, my executive suite for the day (or, as I like to call it, "the nest")

my nest



My assistant, Paco, is taking his calls from under the grey blanket.

1 comment:

Home2K9 Pack Leader said...

So, the good news is... you look totally adorable even when you're dead. How kind of Paco to hold a vigil for you from nearby, I find my canines are usually the most reliable healers. Feel much better soon!